Monday, September 29, 2014

A little planning ahead

It is not like me to plan so far ahead but today's post is about Mother's Day.  ???  Let me explain... Every year our grade level does a beautiful and memorable Mother's Day Tea.  You can read my post about last year's tea here.  I won't get into the specifics of it again but this year I created Monthly Themed Journal Pages to use for my Mother's Day Gift.  This requires some planning ahead because each month (starting in September) I take the student's picture and put it in the book.  The students also write each month about things they did with mom.  This month I took a picture of the students on the first day of school to put into the frame and tomorrow I will have them write about some memories they shared with mom in September.  I love seeing the mom's faces when they see how much their child is grown in the monthly pictures.  Even more shocking is to see how much the students grow in their writing. I don't edit or help them with the writing in any way so to see them go from a couple of words or a few misspelled sentences to one or more well constructed paragraphs is satisfying.


As I was making these themed Journal Pages, I decided not to limit the journal pages to only the school year but included all the months of the year.  You can find these in my Teachers Pay Teachers store or by clicking the image below. 



How would you use these in your classroom? I'd love to hear your ideas in the comments below. 




No comments:

Post a Comment