Friday, June 13, 2014

Father's Day Writing

We focused so much on Mother's Day that I wanted to do something special with my kids for Dad. Father's Day falls at a very busy time of the year but we were able to sneak in this little writing and craft to create a unique gift for dad.
First the students wrote an organized paragraph on the reasons why their dad is the best dad in the world.  At this point in the school year they are banging out paragraphs left and right complete with openings, closings, and details. I'm amazed at how quickly they are able to organize their thoughts.  I copied lined paper onto a green piece of cardstock for their final copies. Once they wrote their final piece, they turned it over and drew puzzle pieces on the back. I did make a rule that the puzzles couldn't be more than 10 pieces. I had a little one think it would be fun for dad to assemble teeny tiny scraps of paper in order to read his story.


To fancy it up because I'm sure that dads really love fancy ;)  we added some ribbon and a little hand written note. 

 School Daisies

Ta Da!




No comments:

Post a Comment