Saturday, August 9, 2014

Weekend Reflections

Today I am linking up with Cyndie from Chalk One Up for The Teacher for her Weekend Reflections linky. The weekend isn't quite over yet but since I'm still on summer break, everyday is like a weekend. Enjoy it while it lasts!  



We aren't back at school yet so my weekend reflections are more personal than school related.  We return on September 2nd so I still have a good part of August left to soak up the summer sun.  That is exactly what I have been doing today.  

I actually got a good "quiet" 20 minutes to read this afternoon while the kids played in the pool.  It would have been longer if my iPad didn't run out of battery (why do I forget to keep it charged for opportunities like this one?)  Oh well. I do like the convenience of reading on my iPad however, the glare was getting to me. It reminded me of the Kindle commercial where the girl is reading from a Kindle at the beach no glare, no problem, and her friends on their iPads are squinting to see. That was me today. 


On another note, I did a little "Classroom Decor" shopping yesterday.  I hit up a great sale at our local teacher store and was so excited to find these polka dot borders which go great with my polka dot theme this year.  


These e-card seemed to fit so well here...


A third thing I am reflecting on is how I need to get my fingers moving and my computer cranking to finish up Units 2-6 of my McGraw-Hill Wonders High Frequency Word Practice.  I set myself a goal to get them done by the end of this week but if we keep having sunny, gorgeous days like this that is going to be an ultimate challenge for me. 
Only 250 more of these to go :)
















No comments:

Post a Comment